Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Kill Alex Cross: Week of 10/7/13


                             !!!!!Spoiler Alert in parts of paragraph 2!!!!!!!



pages read: p.g 62- p.g 83
Pompt:Do you like what you’re reading? Why or why not?

     Do I like what I am reading? Yes, I love my book! It is usually really hard for me to find a book I like. I used to hate mystery but i always thought of it like "Sherlock Holmes" book. He really bores me. I read one book and for some reason i couldn't realize that the genre was mystery. When my mom said it was a mystery book, I just thought to myself " I hate mystery, why would I read a mystery book?" I then realized that i love books about serious things like, and i know this is weird but I like these types of books, abduction, terrorism, suicide, death, etc. I like these mysteries because I love solving the story of how it happened and feeling like I am the one trying to crack the case.  Kill Alex Cross is a really good book for me to read because it has to do with terrorism & abduction.

     Alex Cross, the main character, is a really tough person to crack. He will not get of a case even if he is told. Since the presidents kids are missing, he is kept in the distance because the FBI, and the Secret Service want's the whole case around them. Even when he is told this he is stubborn in a good way. He stay on it anyway. Also this book has terrorists. When they enter the country they seemed like happy little tourists wanting to go see the White house and the Smithsonian. But no!  They are here to kill all of Washington DC. They are going to poison the water. That is one reason why I love this book so much. We get to see two major problems in the USA happen. A Kidnapping and a terrorist attack.

     The last reason I love this book is because of the cops in the case. They are just so cocky and stubborn. I mean they have missing children, Special children in fact,  and a terrorists and to show off they push away their help. sometimes i just want to yell at my book. "Why aren't you getting all the help you can get. Alex cross, on the other hand is not like this. He will be stubborn but because he is trying to crack a case. The FBI want's him on he case but kid of trickle him on the full class. He knows what they are doing and kids of takes matters into his own hands and does a little work on his own, but still stays with the FBI to get the most information at one time. Also you get kind of get a good look into a cops work day. They are sometimes just staring at reports and videos, and pictures without having the slightest idea.

     These are the reasons why I love this book.




2 comments:

  1. This seems like a really interesting book. I like how you put how you usually don't like mystery but you really like the book you are reading. I liked how you described the cops as cocky and stubborn. This seems like a really interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like I great book. I love mystery books and can't believe you hated them. You really shouldn't judge a book by it genre. I get how you feel like your cracking the case. I do that all the time especially with cop shows like "NCIS" and "CSI." It is always fun to see if your right or wrong. Plus when you found out some clues you are like "Ooohhhh, that's so obviously!"

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog