Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Of Mice and Men *Spoliers*

Prompt: After reading, I wonder…
Pages: 37-finished

     I just finished Of Mice and Men and I have to admit that the ending is not what anyone expected.  After Lennie kills his bosses wife, he runs off without telling anyone and this made me think, Why didn't Lennie go and tell George?He does trust him with all his heart, right?

     Also, when Lennie is at the Salinas river,sitting there in the brush, what cause Lennie to hallucinate his Aunt Clara and a giant bunny. Was it the shock that he wouldn't be able to tend the rabbits at his,George's, and Candy's dream land? Or was it that he did know that what he did caused a life and it was getting to him?

     Lastly, John Steinbeck ends his book with Lennie dying, slim comforting George who killed Lennie, and all the other men shrugging off Lennie dying. We never find out what happened after Lennie dies. Like if George and Candy still get their dream home, if Candy gets mad at george for killing Lennie because he wanted to do it. I thought that Steinbeck did an amazing job with this book but he should of ended it differently.

2 comments:

  1. I commented on Marisa's, Stanly's and Isabella's blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the ending. It leaves you wondering what happens to the characters once Lennie's gone, but I think it was a good ending to the book. Good job on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog