Thursday, April 10, 2014

OF MICE AND MEN

prompt- Draw an interpretation of the passage – may be a picture, symbols, graphic

pages:26-37

I drew a picture of a mouse for 2 reasons. One is that Lennie has an obsession with
small soft, smooth, furry objects such as Mice,Rabbits,cloth. Lennie will sometimes also carry a mouse in his pocket so he can pet it. (The mice were alive) Eventually the mice would bite his finger and he would pinch their heads and they would die.

Another reason that I drew a mouse was because of the title of the book. "Of Mice and Men". The book got this title after a poem where a mouse get's his house crushed by a tractor and he ends up dyeing in the winter.
 
I feel that the mouse is a big symbol for Lennie because it seems that the mouse calms down Lennie and he loves them but always ends up killing them.

4 comments:

  1. I commonted on Nik's, Gianna's and Citlallie's

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you included a lot of detail about how a mouse can symbolize so much in this book. I also enjoyed your picture of the mouse mostly because the only thing I can draw is stick figures. You did a great job including reasons to support your claim about a mouse being so important to a big fellow like Lennie. Great Blog Post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how you explained why you drew a mouse and some evidence from the reading to show how important it is. This helped me understand more of the book. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bella,

    I really liked your drawing, it is really good! I also liked how you explained how the mouse pertained to the book. You did a good job this week.! What has been your favorite part of the book so far?

    - Citlalli
    PS. I like all of the little thingies on the side 😁

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog