Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Last Reflection

1-What are the three most important things you learned this year?

      Being in Mrs.Larsons class has helped me learn multiple things that have helped me learn and grow. One thing that I learned was better grammar. In 6th grade, my grammar was HORRIBLE and although it's not amazing, it is a lot better. I also learned a lot more about the world and what goes on around the world. And lastly, I learned how to peer review. From helping people with their speeches to helping them write papers, I am now able t assist peers about their work.

2- What is something we did this year that you think you will remember for the rest of your life?

     One thing that I will remember,  hopefully, for the rest of my life is learning about Sea World and Orca whales. Although a lot of people don't care for the subject, I couldn't believe that Orcas were being treated so horribly. Learning about the history of whales in SeaWorld and how they are affected and how they affected people really drew me into the subject and hope to do something about it in the  future.

3- What was the nicest thing someone in our class did for you this year?
     The nicest thing that someone in our class did for me this year was when Isabella gave me a witty valentines day card. She ran up to me and just said happy valentines day, gave me a hilarious smile, and then  ran away to give one to Gianna. I remember laughing because she was just so weird and I wasn't expecting the horrible pun that was on the card.

4- What is something you taught your teacher or classmates this year?
     One thing that I think I taught my classmates is the importance of having fun. My friends are always saying that i'm always laughing and smiling and just enjoying myself. A lot of times, my friends may be upset or somber and I feel like when they are with me , they possibly become happier and for a little while, forget what was upsetting them and that they carry that on for the rest of the day.

5- In what area do you feel you made your biggest improvements? What is something you accomplished this year that you are proud of?

     Like I said before,  the biggest improvement I made was on my grammar. My grammar has improved extensively and if it wasn't for Mrs.Larson class, I would still have the grammar of a 6th grader. One thing that I accomplished this year was getting MVP in intramural volleyball. That was one thing that I was ecstatic about. I love volleyball and getting MVP just boosted my confidence even more.

6- What was the most challenging part of this year for you?

     The most challenging thing this year was, honestly, turning assignments in on time. I have a problem with having procrastination. I always wait to the last minute to do things (like this blog.) However, I have become better in
turning in assignments. I also had a hard time finding time to turn in my assignments. I may have stayed up until 12 and up multiple times but it was worth it so I can turn in my assignments on time.

7- What was the best piece of writing that you did this year? Why do you think it is your best?
     
     The best piece of writing I did this year was my paper on Orca whales because, like I said, it was a subject that I was passionate about. Although there were flaws in my paper, I think it was my best piece. I put a lot of paper in that paper and enjoyed writing it. Also, I feel like this was my best paper was because I got a lot of peer reviews on my paper so I had the best possible paper.

8- Of the books you read this year, which was your favorite? Why?

      The best book I read this year was The Girl With No Name. I t was based on a true story and the story itself was outrageous and it was a real page turner for me. With every chapter, I learned a part or a true and scary story of a 6 year old left in a jungle by herself to live with monkeys. My favorite book used to me Th1rteen R3asons why. Both stories are raw and amazing stories that just make you waiting for more. 

9- What advice would you give students who will be in this class next year?

Some advice for next yeas class is to PAY ATTENTION IN CLASS. A lot of people think that they can waltz through middle school barely paying attention in class and then wonder why they are failing or getting horrible grades. The teachers make a lot of their tests straight from what they teach and worksheets they do. They sometimes just copy and paste worksheets into a packet and call it a test. If you don't do the work, you wont pass. By actually paying attention in class and participating, I can guarantee that if you pay attention or actually do the work, you will get good grade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog