Thursday, January 16, 2014

Prisoner B-3087

prompt-Is what you are reading believable? Why or why not?
p.g read- 0-148



      I this story believable because this story is based o  a true story so I know this actually happened. Besides that, if I didn't know this was a true story, I would believe it because of how descriptive the book was. In this quote, it states "We were skin and bones,with shaved heads and shuffling gaits and red skin where
they tattooed us." This goes into depth on physical appearance. In this quote, it foes into depth of how the man character, Yanek feels after being moved to concentration camp after another for at least 3 years, "I'm not going to let them line me up on the edge of a pit and shoot me, I told myself. I will fight back. I will kick the nazi's in the shins. I will run. I won't go like a sheep to slaughter!" At this time in the book, he furious with the Nazi's because the cold blooded people. They way the author says this with detail really shows how he feels. Especial when Yanek says "I will not go like a sheep to slaughter.
     Another way I would probably know that this was believable is work choice. When a author is writing a book, they wan't bigger words. But in this book it takes place from a child's perspective that has only gone to school for elementary school. So of course he would keep that in mind but also he would not talk like a 4 year old. Here's an example. "They were big rocks,and it was a big pile. The rocks were heavy and rough." You see, an author would usually use words like huge  and giant. But this author did it form the point of view of Yanek who has had very little school experience.
     The last way I feel that this is believable is the history behind it. Everyone knows or at least knows what it is, We all know about Hitler,the Nazi's,the Jews, and most of the time Ann Frank. In this book they incorporate the history into the book. Now, They are not straight forward like to say "Hitler & the Nazi's4 was mean,cruel,and killed thousands of the Jewish people. They involve it through the conversations of the Jewish people like in  this quote it says ""Goeth seven, Jews nil."another man told him. "What's that." I asked. "How many Jews Goeth has killed since you've been here?" "No," the man said "How many Jews Goeth has killed today. Here they are implying that the Nazi's did not care at all for the Jews. This implied a random estimate on how many Jews were killed each day,at every concentration camp all over Germany. 





1 comment:

Search This Blog