Thursday, January 23, 2014

Prisoner B-3087

Prompt: write an entry as a journal or diary entry.
pages read:finished




   

      IM FREE. IM FREE. IM FREE. I Yanek have survived the war. 10 concentration camps,2 death marches and the Krakow Ghetto. I have my life back and some family. I have now left the place I once called home and have gone to America. I must find a job or I will be were I left off. Homeless,cold,and hungry. I vowed to my self I would never become prisoner B-3087 but I wil be Yanek. I vowed I will always help the poor,hungry,and sick. I will never ever turn my back on my fellow jews,christians,or gypsies. They are people and should never be left to die.

    I do miss my parents. I have the dreams and I will never get the image of my moms blank face when our flat was raided. The image of Fred being beaten and hung, and the image of burnt man who snapped and killed himself. I will never forget. NEVER. I can forgive, but I cannot forget. If I were asked 7 years from now, I will be able to tell you how a cloud look the day Fred died, or what shirt I wore when I saw my parents be taken away. Everything to the POINT!

    I may have B-3087 on my arm for life but I will never ever agin become prisoner B-3087. If anything, I think that I was fortunate to be alive and to know to never take stuf for granted. I mean I remember  how I felt when I saw a toothbrush. Something that only cost 99 cents in america, was given to me free and I could remember crying. I Yanek WILL NEVER GO BACK,NEVER TURN MY BACK, AND NEVER FORGET. I may of been a prisoner but I myself am Yanek. And I always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog