Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Children os Willesden Lane 1/30/14

pages:0-30
prompt-Name the differences and similarities between you and your main character


           From what I read so far of my book, I have noticed both similarities and differences between me and Lisa, a fourteen year old Jewish girl during WW2. I see more of similarities more that differences. of course there are the basic similarities like being a girl,going to school, liking music. But mostly I see that we both care about how our hair looks and how our clothes look. In the beginning of the book it says "She stood in front of the mirror for an eternity, arraigning her dark red hair so that it peeked stylishly from under the wool hat she had just brought in the hand-me-down store. I reall care about my hair. One minute it looks nice, then i touch it or put a brush through it and it becomes u big ball of poof. This is why i take an hour just doing my hair. . . . . . . . . . . . . .


          A difference between me and Lisa is our interest in instruments. Lisa likes more classical instruments like the violin,piano,and flute.  I love those instruments to but it's the way they are played. I mean I could have 4 days of full sleep and fall asleep to slow classical piano. Although it never says that she plays classical, it was the time back ten and in this quote it really implies it "She yearned to join them, wear fine clothes and speak of Beethoven ans Mozart". Over all we may love music like I love pop, latin,and rock but in this time, all this music was not in at the time.

           One really big similarity between me and lisa is our personality. We are both happy,energetic,fun people. It might not be that hard fir someone to bring us down but we wont let it go without a fight. We love the average
 girls things especially a nice warm hot summer day.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria, carlos ,gianna

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry messed p on pages. It was page 3.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog