Wednesday, September 10, 2014

If I Stay 9/10/14 (Imagery blog)

Pages read- 173 out of 234



     This book is very different from other books, at least to me because it pretty much is made up of all imagery. We are like ghosts and we only see whats happening but we can't really do anything about it. One really good piece of imagery is in the beginning, "I wake up in the morning to a think blanket if white covering our lawn." Although this is a small piece of imager, it shows us what time of year it is,around winter, thats its cold. We can infer that it is slippery out side which will play a major role later in the book.

     Another smaller piece of imagery is, "I call, but as I walk towards him, the pavement grown slick and there are gray chunks of what look like cauliflower" and "pieces of my fathers brain is on the asphalt." These two pieces of imagery kind of give us a look at how bad this crash was. It gives us an insight on what the are they are in looks like.

     Lastly, one really good piece of imagery that I found is this quote right here, (this is a flashback where a minor character is describing her funeral) " Without missing a beat, Willow said : Play 'P.S. You Rock My World' by the Eels, And I want one of those green funerals where they bury you in the ground under a tree. So the funeral itself would be in nature, and no flowers." Or how her mother wants her funeral to look like. "I my ideal situation my bighearted pushover husband and I die quickly and simultaneously when we are ninety-two years old. i'm not sure how. Maybe we're on a safari on Africa- 'cause in the future, we're rich; hey its my fantasy- we come down with some exotic sickness and go to sleep one night feeling fine and then we never wake up. And no James Taylor. Mia plays at our funeral. If, that is, we tear her aways from the New York Philharmonic." These two pieces of Imagery are very good because they give us an insight on what type of people Mia had in her life. (Mia is the main character.) This shows us they thoughts and likes and dislikes and the personalities of the people in her life.

4 comments:

  1. Bella,

    Before I get into your blog, I just want to say that I really love your layout. I really loved your blog this week! Have you seen the movie to your book? Wow, I never really expected that out of this book. I would think of it as just another love story. I feel lil your book is kind of challenging because of al of the imagery, and different people interpret it a different way. Great job this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I lovvvveeee my layout toooo. on topic though, no i haven't seen the movie. The book is kind of challenging because it like 2 part, flashbacks, and the day of the car crash. If you stop and then you comeback you can easily get confused on which sections your in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bela,
    I totally agree with you on how you said this book is mostly made up of imagery. I am reading the book currently and I found some of the examples you chose. I am not as far because I don't have much time to read but what I have read has been great! Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog