Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Go Ask Alice- week of 11.17.14

P.g 0 - 103
Prompt: If you were a close friend to the main character, what would you do or say to help the character through their problem? What is the one thing you would change from the past that would get rid of problem?

* Book is an anonymous diary of a drug addict and I don't officially know the name of the main character*

     If I were the friend of the main character, I think it would very difficult to do or say anything because of her addiction to drugs. I would probably have to be careful with what I do or say. I think the best thing would just be their for her. Their really isn't anything you can do other than go to an adult about their problem (sounded so cheesy.) I think I would try to spend as much time that I could w/h her so I could be w/h her instead of her trying to get high.

     I know that I definitely would have to be careful w/h what I say. I think that trying to say that she is putting me and her family in distress would be a bad idea because she would just lash out and say that her family is the main reason why she does drugs. Throughout the book, her family had been the reason that she started continuously doing drugs. I think I would try and something along the line of ,what she is doing to herself is harming her and her loved ones more than it is making her happy.

     The one thing that I would change to get rid of this problem is convince her to not go to Jill's house, a supposedly"close" friend. While there, she is introduced to drugs for the first time in her life and she wasn't even aware of it until she had consumed it. They were drinking Cokes at the party and
she started noticing that she was acting funny. She then asked Jill why she was feeling so strange. After asking Jill, she wrote, "I sort of asked Jill what happened and she said that 10 out of the 14 bottles of Coke had LSD in them."  She then started using more frequently.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog