Monday, February 2, 2015

World Article Impression

Prompts:Today you were updated by your peers as to what is currently happening in the world.  Now take a moment to reflect upon your impressions of what you have learned from the array of articles in at least two well written paragraphs, using evidence from your graphic organizer.


     Friday was a pretty cool experience. From multiple Ebola articles to immigrants and the Holocaust to sports announcers, Isis, and the atmosphere. I realized that so much is happening in the world that I didn't know about. I noticed that things such as Ebola and ISIS are still relevant today. i remember, 3 a few months ago, that was all you heard. I think it was because then, it was new and a shock. However, now less and less people are being affected and everyone expected a vaccine. So, even though it's not getting the type of attention it got a few months ago, it is still relevant. There were 2 articles dealing with Ebola and I noticed how much has been done to deal with the problem.

Stuart Scott
     Also,  realized on how much is going on that I had no idea about. Remarkable people that were amazing such as Stuart Scott who had cancer but always went to his job as a sports announcer and stuck by his friends. Or how the earth is getting warmer and warmer because of the amount of CO2 in the air. Or how the UK is changing up their legal system to where men have to prove the they did not rape a woman. All these these things that are so surprising that are big. I feel that this activity really connected me closer to the world. So much happens that I might ov never known about. I honestly think we should do this again.

     

1 comment:

  1. There were multiple ebola articles?

    I also had the same reaction when you said, you noticed that things such as Ebola and ISIS are still relevant today. I didn't think they were, but now that I've heard what was happening now I was shocked. I think you did a good job on expressing your thoughts on the topics such as, ebola and ISIS.

    P.S - You should probably consider changing your font. It's really small, and sometimes hard to read.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog