Sunday, March 15, 2015

3rd Quarter Reflection Post

      Another quarter has ended and a new one is beginning. It almost the end of the year! however, have I improved at all? Has my grammar improved? Has my writing style changed? Do I read more books? Personally, I think I have. Im definitely
not the best writer and I still make lots of grammar mistakes but I'm at the point where I notice it a lot more than I used to.  I haven't really thought of any of this until now. I know I have improved in a lot of things. Language Arts may not be my strongest subject but I have improved. I read more, and notice grammar mistakes more. Also, I have learned new necessary skill for writing papers since I have been in Mrs.Larson's class.

      I've also noticed that I read a lot more than I used to. Now, you may think that books written by people online about celebrities and youtube stars aren't real books but in fact they are. They have characters, a problem, a solution. They have a full plot! And, I have read many of these stories. So, I guess you can say that I read more. However, I may have read more books this year but I'm still not the best writer. I guess that I write how I talk and if you have ever had a real conversation with me, you know that I tend to talk fast and kind of all over the place.

      So, writing isn't my best suit. But, I have improved a lot. It's now just routine to plan out essays so they are a little easier to write, I used to just start writing but now I know that doing an outline helps tremendously. i have also learned how to do in text citations for any direct quotes that I use in m writing. Without that, who knows how I would of done in high school. And lastly, I learned about doing works cited pages. Although they are a complete pain and hassle, I learned that works cited pages are good simple ways to show all your sources for a paper. Without that, I could of done relly bad on papers in my high school years

     I only have one quarter left. Hopefully, I can learn a lot more to help me succeed in high school and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog