Sunday, March 8, 2015

ISIS, #TheDress, Marijuana, etc.

    This weeks AOW gallery walk one one of my favorites so far. People were finding articles that centered less away from ISIS, which I loved! After a while of listening about ISIS over and over again, it all sounds the same. ISIS kills people, ISIS steals, ISIS expands. I know that they are pressuring issues around the world but it ends up sounding redundant. This week, I listened to articles surrounding #TheDress where we learned why some people see white and gold and black and blue. I read about how Marijuana might be legalized in New York. Ever since it was legalized in Colorado, all crime has dropped 17% while in New York , crime has gone up by 17%! And, almost every crime that the police had to deal with had some type of connection with Marijuana because people wanted some.

Original Dress
What do you see? (I see white and gold)
     I also learned how about the "The Dress"  and its true color. I learned that the Twitter phenomenon is actually blue but for some reason, thousands of people see the dress as white and gold rather that blue and black. Why? Well, it's due to multiple reasons. Depending on the cameron, lens ,and lighting can all affect the way your see the dress. However, it mostly depend on your genes on whether you seethe dress black and blue or white and gold. It's how your eyes perceive light.

This was definitely one of my favorite weeks. it's kind of see all the new topics that people find . I had a lot of fun. :)

Comments: Gianna, Sarai Abdiel

1 comment:

  1. It was really interesting to hear your opinion on the news about ISIS. But in my opinion, I don't really think it's redundant how they keep talking about ISIS. Lately, there have been different things going on with ISIS, and I think that we need to know everything that's going on. Overall though, I think you wrote a good post this week.

    -I also see white and gold on the dress. ^-^

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog