Friday, February 28, 2014

Princess in the Spotlight

Prompt:Describe the setting’s time and place. Create a new setting that you think
would be better for the story and describe it.

Pages:26-50



The settings time the story takes place in the past.The story is in a diary format. In a diary, you write about events that previously happened earlier in the day. Mia writes about how she feels at the moment but she only talks about events that happened hours a days ago. 

If I had the option to change the setting's time, I wouldn't do so. I think you are able to view a lot feelings from Mia after she has had time to think about the situation rather than reading about it when it happens. She can't say exactly what she want's to say out loud but she can when she is alone and has cooled off and writes it down.

The place of this story (from what I have read so far) takes place in Mia's school and home. At times it will be on her way home or at the park but she mostly writes in the morning at home. If I had the opportunity to give a new setting to the story, I would change it to the country where she "Mia" is supposed to be a princess. The reason I think this should happen is because I think that if Mia were to right about how she feel about the people of Genova  the book will be a lot more energetic,exciting,and fun. She could talk of the people, are they kind, rude, snotty? The everyday life, do they have T.V,malls,art? 
How I think Mia will look like as an adult princess

1 comment:

Search This Blog